How to Contact Us
NE 7th Street, Room 208
Coupeville, WA 98239-5000
Office: (360) 679-7303
Fax: (360) 240-5565
Camano: (360) 629-4522
South Whidbey: (360) 321-5111
PO BOX 5000
Coupeville WA 98239-5000
9:00 AM to 4:00pm
Monday through Friday
Welcome to the Island County Assessor’s Web page!
As your Assessor, one of my functions is to have this office be transparent and accessible to you. This website will provide you with information and assistance on questions you may have regarding the Assessor’s office. If you have any other questions or concerns that are not addressed here, please contact me.
It is our goal to appraise all property fairly and equitably, to maintain accurate and accessible property records and give prompt and courteous customer service.
State law requires that the Assessor value property at 100% of true and fair market value. The market value is determined by the property owners who are buying and selling real estate in the market place. Finding the market value of your property means discovering the price most people would pay for your property.
What we do:
The Island County Assessor’s office is required to physically inspect, appraise and revalue all real property once every 6 years with an annual review and update based on sales analysis.
This appraisal cycle is established by the state constitution & state laws, enforced by the State Department of Revenue.
In order to do our job we:
- Maintain inventory, description, ownership, sales and mapping for all properties
- Provide information, education and assistance
- Provide public computer access to assessment data, also now available on the Internet through the Real Property Search.
- Allocate value to taxing districts, calculate levy rates and certify tax roll to Treasurer
- Administer and provide information for tax exemptions:
- Prepares defense of valuations for appeal boards
- Maintain business personal property listings and audits
What we don’t do:
- We don’t mail or collect your taxes! The County Treasurer does this, contact them at 360-679-7302.
- We don’t take your appeal! The Board of Equalization does this, contact them at 360-679-7379.
Please feel free to contact me at anytime. The Assessor’s staff is always willing to answer your questions!
Island County Assessor
Updates for Property Owners
Stay up to date on all the latest news and happenings.